Saturday, November 14, 2009

Empowered...

It may have stung that I gained 6 pounds in 6 weeks, but, I have a plan, I am going to meetings. Had the first one today and it was fair. Mainly I need that weigh in at the beginning, but I have to say $7.50 snack bars, $2.50 hard candy in a roll like lifesavers, etc...man, it's insane. Especially in the uber poor neighborhood that this meeting is held in (yes, I will never, ever be going to a night meeting there...), the outragious prices stood out more. The good part of the meeting was there was a good sized group of 25 or so, some only weighed in, but it was bigger than I'd expected. The bad was that I spoke up the most to the prompted questions, even as the "newbie." And the leader is not the best. She literally allowed minutes of silence when the very quiet group wouldn't answer her questions/give holiday suggestions, waiting what seemed too long to jump in herself to fill the silence. Not terrible at all, but just not too dynamic. It will work for what I need, accountability and structure, and something that is just for ME.


Have to plan ahead for the fact that I will be working every 6th Saturday or so when I get back to work, so those Saturdays I will either go to the 7am meeting or maybe weigh Friday night. That is the big point of starting now. For one thing nipping my stress eating/gaining in the bud, and also getting prepared for work. Getting as physically fit as I can before work starts on Dec. 18th.


I can do this. I am really not far from being 100 lbs down again, and "only" 41 pounds from goal. I can do this. Those 14's will fit even better when I get back to work, and those 12's I have WILL fit. Enough exercise and clean eating/water will do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment