Thursday, November 5, 2009

11.5.09 - Stephanie AM & PM

I am stressed out bad. I'm trying not to stress and worry because things are out of my control...sort of...but my severance/health insurance ended with my previous company at the end of October. We are getting on Toby's insurance at his work and just found out today that it will be $173 a WEEK for the 3 of us. For just Toby and Stella? $44 a week. WTF? If we go with the $173 a week, we can't pay our bills. Period. I only get $360 a week for unemployment and Toby makes decent money...but remember, we have TWO households we're paying for right now. His rent is only $525 a month but that's A LOT of money when you don't have any to begin with. And I DO NOT want THIS to be the reason that we move back in together. I want it to be because we have worked on our issues and feel that we are ready to get back together. UGH.

So, I just applied for an individual short term health insurance policy online. It's not great but it's something. And HOPEFULLY, I will get the job I am interviewing for next week. Apparently, I am their top candidate so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me get it!! I'm really feeling the heat of money and not having a job now... it's rough.

So the thought of any type of diet program makes me want to run to the nearest ice cream shoppe and eat out of the bins with a spoon. I can't concentrate on anything, really.

But I can say, I am totally enjoying the Normal Eating book and I am looking forward to going to lay in bed shortly and read it. And I NEVER look forward to reading self-help books! lol I usually just suffer through them. I am totally identifying with this one.

I had a good breakfast of oatmeal with pumpkin granola sprinkled on top. Lunch was a giant spinach salad with 2 small pieces of grain bread. Dinner was a surprise - my brother called and he was next door at my parents' house. He wanted to take us out so the 4 of us had a great dinner (Stella is at Toby's tonight.) Matt and I split a hummus plate with pita and veggies. Then I had a grilled fish sandwich and sweet potato fries. I ate too much (so full feeling right now!) but I made decent choices all day. Oh, and I drank ALL of my water!!

So, I don't know what to make of this post! lol! Stressed and scared...yet I'm making ok choices and trying not to numb my feelings with food. That is the #1 goal right now with so much going on....

It's all going to work out and life is going to be AMAZING again. I am sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment